Community Resources

Local Government

Mayor’s Neighborhood Advocate

Isaac McCoy

Mayor’s Action Center
317-327-4622 (4MAC)

City County Councilor for District 16

Councilor Kristin Jones

Indiana State Representative for District 97

Representative Justin Moed

Indiana Senate District 36

Senator Jack E. Sandlin

Community Relations Officer, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department

The Old Southside is divided into three IMPD districts.  Residents north of Morris Street call the Downtown District.  Residents east of Meridian call the Southeast District.  Residents west of Meridian call the Southwest District.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Downtown District

Officer Kimberly Evans
Community Relations Officer

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Southeast District

Officer Andrew Sheler
Community Relations Officer

Officer Amanda Gomez
Community Relations Officer

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Southwest District

Sgt. David Spurgeon
Community Relations Officer

Police, Fire Department & Safety


Immediate public safety concern; 911

∙       To report a public safety non-emergency: 311

Police Department 317- 327-6300

Police Non-Emergency 317-327-3811

Anonymous crime tips call 317-232-TIPS

IMPD Southeast District Website


Other Community Resources

Social Media Pages:  


OSNA Facebook Page

Concord Neighborhood Center

Southeast Community Services

Street Light Issues – (IPL) 317-261-8111

Sewer grate and street flooding issues – 317-631-1431

Animal Control – 317-327-4622

Social Services – To find out more about social services available in the area call Connect2Help; 211

Mosquito Control – 317-221-7440

For all other city services and issues –  including reporting missed trash pickup, zoning violations, abandoned and inoperable vehicles, graffiti, illegal dumping, potholes, reporting a traffic signal out, loose/dangerous animals, etc.,  – please call the Mayor’s Action Center at 317.327.4622 during regular business hours.

You can also download the RequestIndy App on any smartphone device or go to to submit your concern online

To report a power outage, or a streetlight outage, please call Indianapolis Power and Light (IPL); 317.261.8111.

To report drainage issues in the right of way, a water leak, or a sewage emergency please call Citizens Energy; 317.924.3311. ***If you believe there is a natural gas leak near you please seek a safe location and immediately call 911

To report an environmental heath issue, including occupied housing violations, call the Marion County Health Department; 317.221.2000